After our first cross-cap rescue system Evo Cross and the still unbeaten lightweight Ultra Cross, we have developed an optimized cross-cap design with the rescue systems of the Next Generation (NG) series.
The innovative X-Flare concept of the NG series is based on precisely calculated triangular flares positioned over the entire canopy. The X-flares ensure an evenly distributed load and, in combination with the individually adapted line lengths, a very low canopy height with almost no curve at the top.
This increases the projected area to the maximum. As a result, it increases the effectiveness and reduces the sink rate. The outcome is an excellent sink rate of just over 5 m/s at maximum trailer load for all sizes of the NG series. This is equivalent to a jump from a height of about 1.3 m.
As a positive side effect, the canopy volume is significantly smaller and the canopy hem, which is important for the opening behaviour, reduces the inflation and thus the opening time.
Defined outlets on all four corners, as well as individually calculated line lengths, ensure extreme oscillation stability.
The canopy hem offers a high level of opening reliability due to the graduated line lengths, as the air flow in the folded configuration offers a high surface of attack for a reliable opening.
Due to the minimal canopy height and the X-flares, which absorb a disproportionate amount of load, the hem was realised widely without reinforcing tapes and thus with low mass.
This is very important for a fast opening at low speeds, as only little mass has to be moved.
The Independence NG Light has:
- Available in 3 sizes, certified according to EN12491
- New, innovative X-Flare concept for high efficiency
- Excellent sink rates, each just over 5 m/s, equivalent to a jump from about 1.3 m height
- High opening safety and extreme pendulum stability
- Intelligent lightweight construction for fast openings at slow speeds
- Use of high-quality lightweight materials
- Particularly balanced load distribution
- High opening safety
- Low weight at critical point
|max. load (kg)
|Sink rate at max. load
|NG 100 light