Independence Skyman Ultra Cross has a unique fabric exclusively manufactured for independence, made of 10D sturdy Nylon 6.6 with only 22 g/m² weight and extremely light, yet high tensile Dyneema lines and ribbons, made it possible to develop these inventive reserves.
The effective cruciform construction combined with defined outlet ports at each corner leads to a steady flow around the canopy, which provides an outstanding pendulum stability of all our cruciform parachutes.
Precisely calculated suspension points for the lines maximise the projected surface and additionally reduce the parachute’s sink rate. Due to these innovations, we were able to stay even below a required sink rate of 5,5 m/s according to EN 12491 restrictions – during certification tests we stayed up to 15% below that threshold.
Extremely short opening times, which come very close to notional specified minimum, have been achieved by a low, thus efficient, canopy height. Due to short system length and the way it is packed, it stayed up to 40% below admissible opening times.
The Independence Skyman Ultra Cross has:
- Extremely fast opening – up to 40% below admissible value of 5 seconds
- Lowest sink rate, up to 15% below required sink rate of 5,5 m/s according to EN 12491 restrictions
- No pendulum movements at descent
- High opening certainty even in case of spiral dive or negative rotations
- Deployment bag with seperate pocket for the lines
- Very light due to uncoated 22g 10D material; only 790g for 75kg total load
- Yellow fabric
- Certified according to LTF/ 91/09 and EN 12491